Friday 21 February 2014

My Valentine's Day

For many years, I have not been celebrating Valentine's day with Eric. He is not the romantic or sweet type so you can imagine how many flowers I received from him. 

I have actually planned to ask my mum to help and look after the kids so that we can have a few hours of couple time but plan failed. Therefore, we decided to bring our two little valentines to the Zoo along with my sister-in-law family and my mother-in-law.

We basically hit for the animals show then settled down at the waterplay park where the children enjoyed most. 

No Valentine's dinner, no present, no flower, no wine but many photos of our little valentines.

This valentine is a very special day for Eric and I because we discovered that Enrique is willing to step forward and try for the unknown.

Since a baby, he is a timid boy, he is afraid of trying new things. When we headed for the kids animal show and they ask for volunteers, he raised his hands and participated. Not knowing what is ahead for him, we encouraged him to go forward. He was given a hula hoop to perform, of course he doesn't know. I could tell that he was scared as his eyes were watery and slightly red. I immediately jumped out of my spectator seat and went forward to give him hand sign to tell him that he is ok, and doing very well. He received the reassurance and looked more confident. Later he was asked to hold the hula hoop so that the adopted dog can jump through it. At the end, he left with a smile. I received him at the 'gate' and gave him a big hug. Bravo Enrique, both Eric and I had never thought that he would be so brave to be on the stage and he is the youngest among the five children.



His reward for participating at the animal show
Singapore Zoo- Waterplay 







No comments :

Post a Comment