Monday 28 October 2013

Spanish Hair stylist who can manage Asian hair

Recently I finally found my courage to cut my hair in Madrid. My husband has tried a few stylist from Spanish to Chinese but none can meet my expectation. I was afraid to try as I have my own perception that Spanish cannot manage Asian hair as our texture are very different. And I am very particular on my hair cut. That's because in Singapore I have Sherman Lew whom I follow for more than 11 years and still counting. 

Through my fellow Singaporean friend who she has been living in Madrid for 10 years she recommended Jordi to me as she looks good in her cut.

Jordi works in Op/Zon Peluqueria at Fuencarral no.45, 28004 Madrid. He can speaks English and had been in Japan for 3 years as a stylist too. He is a very friendly and outgoing guy. After knowing his background, I felt more at eased when he snipped my hair as Japan street fashion is always in style. Most importantly, Japan is part of Asia.

So far, I have revisited to trimmed my hair. In general in all salon, they charge for every single steps unlike Singapore. I get charged on wash, vitamin, colour, cut and blow- I find that he like to blow my hair in curl using the handheld machine (it cost a lot more) even I said I just want normal blow dry for my hair. I always ended paying more because of the blow dry part. Well, but at least I like his work.

For the above services, I paid 110 euro and without colour I think it was about 40 euro lesser, forgot the actual price.

Oh by the way, the chair for rinsing hair is a massage chair with relaxing colourful lights. Although the time spent was short but it was quite a good experience and I really feel relax when I close my eyes.

I would recommend anyone to go if you wish you pamper your hair.

Massage chair for rinsing your hair

For second rinse if required. The projection
showcase the work that the various stylists had done

The chairs

Jordi and me.. look at his earring! He has
tattoo everywhere

2 comments :

  1. Hey,do you know where is Jordi working at the moment? Is he still working in the same place? Because I've been looking for a hair stylist in Madrid who can speak English and understands how to handle Asian hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the same boat and just called. If you are still in Madrid, he still works there. I made an appointment for next week :)

      Delete