Thursday 20 March 2014

One of my routines in Madrid

I just got myself settling down with my kids' school and re-orientated myself in Madrid. People asked me if I missed Madrid when I was back in Singapore. I guess, my answer is YES. After all, we will be completing our fourth year this April. 

My daily routine starts at 7.45am, I prepare the kids to school and we leave the house at 8.45am. First, sending Eduardo to the childcare within walking distance from my place followed by taking a bus with Enrique to San Jorge School. In the morning, it is almost impossible to get into the bus with pram as they only have one space for one pram or wheelchair. In the bus, is usually packed which means we almost never get a seat instead we have to squeeze in the crowd. On this day, this lady offered her seat (slightly bigger than the usually size, maybe for XXL people) to share with Enrique. I am so grateful and happy that people here are very gracious most of the time and this is one thing we should all learn from them. Another morning was a lady asked a teenager to give up his seat to Enrique. And today, Enrique got a seat, the lady beside him keep looking at him and say he is cute and handsome (muy guapo, que mono). She kept listening to our conversation and keep smiling. I was a little embarrassed though.


After sending him to school, I usually headed home to have my breakfast - just bread and coffee but I missed Churros con Chocolate and I thought why not go for the best... So I took a train to Sol, San Gines for the best. I met a Japanese guy who is alone on my left and two Japanese girls on my right. Being KPO, I introduce them to chat as they can't speak English.

San Gines, Churros con Chocolate- MUST try!
San Gines, basement
With a full stomach, I decided to walk around Sol and do some shopping. I love to shop in Madrid, every shop seems to have a big magnet on the door, which pulls me in. I did some shopping at one of my favourite store, Zara.

Below are some artists in action which I think it is really cool. The man would moved his head, hand and legs when you give him a token of appreciation. Obviously, I did not, that's why he did not face the camera. With my tired legs, I headed home to prepare for dinner before going to school to fetch my two princes.


On another day, after sending them to school, I decided to go Le Pain Quotidien for its tartines curry de pollo (chicken curry on bread) also my favourite, it comes with a sweet sauce which goes very well too. I prefer to add some grind pepper and some extra virgin olive oil. The also served nice pastries and many others which can be one's breakfast, lunch or tea time favourite.




Information:
Chocolateria San Gines
Pasadizo San Gines,5, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Open 24 hours


Le Pain Quotidien
Calle Gran Via 46, Madrid
Calle de Fuencarral, 95, Madrid
Calle de Velazquez, 92 Madrid

No comments :

Post a Comment