Tuesday 18 March 2014

Steamboat dinner with Singaporean & Spanish friends

With a hungry stomach in a cold weather…… what's good for dinner? Yes! Steamboat dinner for our Singaporeans gathering in Madrid.

I have invited our Singaporean friends with their partners who are Spanish to my place for a warmth dinner on 9 March. It is also to welcome Calvin, a Singaporean who came to Madrid about a month ago, we learnt that he was living in London for about seven years before coming to Madrid. 

I had shipped the steamboat pot from Singapore as I can't find one that I like it here as steamboat is not common in Spain. One of our Spanish friends is the first time trying steamboat and he enjoyed it.

On that Saturday, we headed to Usera for a cantonese lunch and we tried the wanton. It was good and we bought from the boss for our steamboat. Then we went to the Chinese supermarket nearby to buy most of the items. I would say that, it is good enough for all of us.

With chilli made by my mother in law, it was so so good not forgetting the white wine, beer and drinks.  We all had a full stomach filled with food and lots of laughter. The dinner starts at 8pm and ends at 1am.  I believed we all enjoyed a lot and I treasured such friendship out of Singapore- 出外靠朋友。

To my friends here in Madrid- am looking forward to many more gathering ahead. 

Beer served with pubs standard





A group picture of us as the kids are in their dreamland

No comments :

Post a Comment