Thursday 10 April 2014

London in March

Singapore Day was held in London, Victoria Park on 29 March 2014. We signed up and decided to explore London for 4 nights since I have been singing 'London Bridge is falling down' to my boys since they are a baby so its a good chance to show my boys the actual one.

My friends shared that London's weather is gloomy and depressing. I cannot really relate and feel it until I reached there. The first two days was freezing and drizzling, the sky is gloomy and cloudy. You can see the skyline from the pictures below.

As advised by friends who have visited London suggested me to purchase London Pass, so I did. I didn't make full use of it as we have not enough time and with children I think it is tough to enjoy to the fullest. My advised for family traveling with young children is to buy the oyster card just for transportation. It works like our ezlink. Another thing is that we are not those tourist that likes to visit many palaces, cathedrals and galleries, we are those like to take pictures from outside so getting the London Pass is kind of paying more for us since we never really visit those places except St Paul's church. 

We were too tired and exhausted for the second and third night that we took a London cab back to our hotel instead of the public transport. The underground has few lift access, means that many times we have to carry the pram up and down the stairs. Lucky we have a buddy, who helped us. If not, I think it is very difficult for us to handle as we have one child in the pram and other need to hold hand as London is a very crowd city. My conclusion is to rent a car when traveling with family in Europe, at least for my family.

We started the first day with Westminster and Leicester Square. As it was drizzling, we just stop by to take some photos and run.









The second day, we set off to Legoland at Windsor. Personally, I have been to the Malaysia one and I think it is good enough. Do not need to spend 1.5 hours of transport just to go UK Legoland. Its expensive and the weather is depressing. To me, its a waste trip as my children didn't really appreciate it other than the dulpo playground. When we reached Legoland, it was pouring, so we had to take shelter at the only restaurant that didn't serve nice food for our lunch. Nevertheless, When I reached Windsor, I was awed by the sight of Windsor Castle. It is magnificent and admirable but we do not have enough time to visit it. 


Windsor Castle



Crooked House of Windsor, restaurant

Legoland, UK








On our third day, we went St Paul's Church in the morning and afternoon headed to Singapore Day at Victoria park.






At Singapore Day, we all thought it was fine to Q for our local food but when we reached there. The Q line was very long for every stall. It takes us 1.5 hours to Q for our fried hokkien mee. For my friends, they Q for an hour for just two sticks of satay and one chicken wing. In the end, we all decided to give up. My two poor boys, had to rely on the small portion of the noodles and some biscuits and milk to fill their stomach. We had lots of fun at Singapore day, sitting down chatting and enjoying the programs but with a hungry stomach. We walked around the stations and we 'chased' our Prime Minister, Mr Lee HL for selfie too. One of my friends was so hungry that he has to eat the children multivitamins gummy sweets to curb his hunger. He looked pale as he only ate two sticks of satay. The estimated participation was about 9,000 attendees. That's why we have to Q for so long. Some people brought their own food to eat instead, I guessed, they have attended before and were well prepared. Oh, by the way, the weather was fantastic. My friend got sun burn that he has to buy after sun cream. 











On the fourth day, we visited the London Bridge, Tower Bridge and had Fish and chips for lunch and Lobster for dinner at Burger and Lobster.










London Bridge
Tower Bridge
(I thought this is London Bridge since I was a child)

Lobster from Burger and Lobster
It was good, must try when you are in London













On the last day, before we catch our flight in the afternoon, we decided to visit the Big Ben in the morning. 




Big Ben






AdiĆ³s LONDON!

No comments :

Post a Comment