Wednesday 16 April 2014

Trying new dishes

I am running out of ideas to what to cook every dinner for my family. To a point that I think, I really need to try new dishes.  Following are some dishes that I tried over these few weeks. The response from my family is good but still have room for improvement.


First dish- Vongole
Ingredients: garlic, parsley, clams, salt and olive oil

My friend thought me to cook this dish, which my hubby likes it and its easy to cook too. I tried myself three times over nine days and the third try was the best. Practice makes perfect! 



Second dish: Hainanese chicken
Ingredients: pre pack by Prima Taste, just add chicken and cucumber

It tastes really good. I bought a whole chicken and use a kitchen scissors to cut as my knife cannot make it. Therefore, it doesn't look appealing but the taste is good. With prima taste pre pack, you will never go wrong. So far I have tried a few and I would highly recommend it hainanese chicken, laksa, and chicken curry.




Third dish: Wonton soup
Ingredients: minced pork, mushroom, carrot, shrimp, corn flour, egg, salt, sesame oil and fish sauce

One of my aunts can make very delicious wonton, she makes it every Chinese New Year and our family will all meet at her house for steamboat dinner. Wonton is the main dish, I can eat about 5 wontons, hers is those big size wonton. In Madrid, I can't find water chestnut. Therefore, mine is prepared without it. For first timer, I think the taste is not bad.





Fourth dish- Brownies
Ingredients: pre pack from Dr Oetker, just add eggs, water and butter. Serve it with vanilla ice cream.

I tried the muffins before and I like the taste and it is really easy to prepare. I bought this brownies long ago but never tried because the instructions are all in spanish and I am lazy to do the translation. Two weeks ago, I was doing stock check in my kitchen and I realised it is going to expire soon, left with no choice, I went on to do translation and bake it. My family and friend like it as it is not too sweet. My verdict on Dr Oetker pre pack is very good. Going to try more of others dessert from this brand. By the way, the paper mould is also included.




!Happy cooking, Happy tasting!

No comments :

Post a Comment