Thursday 31 July 2014

Tortilla, Spanish Omelette

Tortilla is a typical Spanish dish and usually served as a tapa. It can be eaten hot or cold. My children likes to eat it too. Embarrassed to confess that I haven't learnt to cook any Spanish dish for the past few years. Late better than never,  with Eduardo's birthday coming in August, I thought of preparing some Spanish dishes as I have invited a few Spanish and Singaporean friends. Apart from pinchos that I have in mind, I decided to try to make my own tortilla. 

The process and ingredients are not difficult but the challenge is to flip the tortilla over and to keep the juiciness in. If you would like to find out more, you can check it out on You Tube for tortilla.

Well, my first attempt was not too bad. Enrique said "Mummy I like the tortilla" And I was like dancing in the kitchen. My hubby gave me 7/10. For first try, I am contented. 

I was told that I have to add more eggs and to slice the potatoes, not diced it . I am grateful for the feedback from my Spanish friend. I will try again before the birthday celebration. If it turns out to be good, I will post again with my recipes.

Below are the photos for my first tortilla. Please don't follow the ingredients as its not up to standard yet.

Above: The ingredients 
Above: In the making of my first tortilla


Above: The flipping over 
Above: Shirlyn's tortilla 
Above: The fillings for showcase



No comments :

Post a Comment