Thursday 10 July 2014

VIG in Madrid Part II- Barcelona

Following from the last post on my parents' visit, we rented a 7-seater car to Barcelona for 3 nights.  I have visited Barcelona in 2008 and yet, there are places that  I have not covered. One of which is the Montserrat Mountain of Barcelona. I have heard many amazing reviews on this mountain but never been there before. Therefore, Montserrat is the main highlights of this trip.

We drove from Madrid and stayed one night at Hotel Ciutat Martorell, 31km away from Montserrat. The next morning we set off after breakfast, We reached the Benedictine Abby by car and took the Funicular up to the top of the mountain. The view was fantastic, magnificent and supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

We spent half a day admiring the formations of this mountain then drove in to Barcelona city to our rented apartment near Sagrada Familia thru airbnb. Without, wasting our time, we visited Sagrada Familia. My advised is to get the tickets online so that you can enter without the hassle of long queue. My family was awed by the unique architecture of the cathedral. After the visit, I have arranged a meeting with one of the Singaporean friend and her family living in Barcelona for a seafood dinner near Hotel Arts. Her husband, recommended us to try the black ink paella, we are all in doubt as we never tried it before because of its look. Since he insisted, we gave it a shot. To all our surprised, it taste really good, it is cooked with black ink from the squid and with lots of garlic. To all, who never tried it before, you should try it when you have a chance. My kids enjoyed too.

Next day, we proceeded to the Guell park. My mistake in this trip was that I never pre booked the tickets online for the monumental zone but because of this mistake, I got the chance to visit the non restricted area which I never did it in 2008. In the evening, we walked along the most famous, Las Ramblas street ending at the Port Vell. We bought many souvenirs such as t-shirts, cap and crystal ball for my relatives in Singapore from one of the shops along La Rambla and settle for a chinese dinner, which was not so nice.

We head back to Madrid after breakfast on the following day. As it was a long drive approximate 620km, we decided to stop half way at Zaragoza for lunch.  

Below are some awesome photos beautiful city for you to enjoy.


























































No comments :

Post a Comment