Thursday 30 October 2014

Probably the worst Churros in Madrid

You have probably heard that when you are in Spain, you must try the churros with hot chocolate. Generally, churros is one of the most common and popular food for breakfast. It's good for tea break or anytime as you wish.

My family love it and I never fails to bring my guests to try them. So far, the best is from San Gines located at Pasadizo de San Gines, 5. It operates 365 days , 24 hours a day. The worst is the one located inside Mercado San Miguel, Horno San Onofre. The texture of the churros is really horrible. It is too hard, I do not know how to describe it but it just taste horrible. Even my children did not like it after the second bite! 

I am very disappointed with the standard. I thought a stall opened in San Miguel which is a tourist spot would be at least of the normal standard to showcase to the tourist how does the churros taste. I have tried many others churros in other bars/ cafes, they are of average standard but this Horno San Onofre's churros is the worst, the hot chocolate cannot make it too.

I am just sharing my comments after tasting the churros. It's up to you to believe or not.





No comments :

Post a Comment