Monday 9 September 2013

one night, one table, 3 countries delicacies

On Saturday, I had a International Potluck dinner at one of the Singaporeans house. 


First, I must thank my hubby, Eric for helping me with the kids while I prepare the three dishes- fried bee noon, curry chicken and cereal prawns.


We have friends from Ecuador, Mexico, Spain and Singapore. There are eleven of us plus two children. So you can imagine the food spread we had….'burp..burp'

One thing really caught me in surprised was that, one of the Spanish-Mexican couple brought their own chairs as there are not enough in my friend house. It was really COOL of them!

MENU for the night
*First course*
Soup Cerviche
 (cold soup from Ecuador)

*Main course*
Jumbo chilli crab
Sambal stingray
Curry chicken
Singapore style fried bee hoon
Cereal prawns
Prawn and tofu pancake
Tortilla (spanish omelette)

*Star desert*
Chocolate cake with cream
Konnyaku fruit jelly

*Beverages*
Champagne
White wine
Wang lao ji
Water

Enjoy the photos below and don't be jealous of the food we get to eat from different parts of the world in one night, one table.
From left: Shervon, the host and her friends who brought their own chairs

Eduardo and Enrique exploring the house

From the nearest: Tortilla, Singapore style fried bee noon, 
Prawn and tofu pancake and Cerviche

Sambal stingray and Jumbo chilli crab

Cereal prawns

Curry chicken

The chocolate cake
This is really good. Angela searched online to find the most unique 
and healthy recipes. Very rich in chocolate yet not too sweet for our teeth.

Konnyaku fruit jelly

The men. Can tell who are Spanish and Singaporean right?

The ladies.
From left: Mexican, Spanish, two Singaporeans, Ecuadorian and Singaporean.

Next coming blog is on Sunday…I had twelve, yes, 12 Singaporeans friends came here for holiday and came over my house for a after-dinner gathering… whooo… I feel so blessed and happy.

No comments :

Post a Comment