Wednesday 4 September 2013

Summer outdoor activities

During summer madrilenos love to do outdoor activities such as lazing in the park, beach or swimming pool. In Singapore, I don't really do these activities as it is too humid, but here I enjoy bringing my boys  there as I don't perspire a lot.  
This summer, we went to a few places and spent about two to three hours out under the sun. Am glad that both Enrique and Eduardo enjoyed themselves.


San Blas public pool
In Singapore, I paid about $1.50 on the last visit to the public pool which is donkey years ago. Here, I paid 43 euros for ten visit. Before paying, I was looking at my hubby, Eric, do we still want to go in? When we stepped in, it was really huge with two adult pools, one kids pool, big green grass patch for sun bathe and picnic tables as well as indoor swimming pool for the winter. Being a fussy buyer, this looks like a reasonable deal and that's why we have been going since then.
I like the shallow pool as it is suitable for very young babies. Adults are not supposed to step into the blue perimeter line of the pool. The lifeguard is constantly watching on the children as well as the adults.
El Retiro park,  monument to Alfonso XI
The most popular park among the locals and tourist. It was only during the late 19th century then it became a public park, before it belonged to the Spanish Monarchy.
Enrique and Eduardo having their break after their football training
Lago de la Casa de Campo (Lake)
Casa de Campo is a huge area where the Madrid Zoo is situated too. It is more tranquil than Retiro but during lunch hours it can be very crowded as there are many restaurant around the Lake. The boys above are feeding the fishes with their snacks.
Enrique loves to take photos and yes of course he keep pestering me to let him ride on the boat.  We never, and he continued feeding the fishes with his snacks at the other side of the Lake.

No comments :

Post a Comment